This is our Mischa. Paul and I adopted her ten years ago. She’s 15 now, and the eldest of her five furry siblings.
Like many of you, we worked corporate jobs with very long hours in NYC. Wanting the best for our fuzzy butt, Mischa had a "dog walker" that was supposed to take her out three times a day for potty relief, exercise, fun, and companionship. Our poor dog was getting severely shortchanged. As we looked for another pet care provider, we made a list of what we wanted for our dog when we couldn’t be with her.
For us the ideal dog walker would provide the following...
- Love our fuzzy child almost as much as you love your own fur babies.
- Pay full attention to, and have fun with our dog.
- No cell phones, and no soliciting for a new dog client on our dog's time.
- No new introductions to a dog you don’t know. It can be a dangerous situation.
- Walk our dog. Make sure she entirely relieves herself, and get her tired.
Like so many of you, we would have loved daily updates with fun pictures, and videos showing us where our fur baby journeyed to, and how much fun she had.
There was nothing even close to what we wanted for Mischa. So we said goodbye to our way of life and started a dog walking service that offered everything we wanted for our own dog.
Today TAKA Dog Walk is still a small, personal, and very hands dog walking, and pet care service. We continually set the bar high for the quality of care that other dogs walking companies large, and small try to emulate. For our TAKA Dog Walking team, It’s all about love, fun, way too many kisses and exercises with your furry family.